Windham Youth Lacrosse is proud to offer this program to lacrosse players in grades K-8 who are interested in playing lacrosse this fall. This fall season will be a continuation of what both the boys and girls players learned in the spring and the emphasis will be on skill development and team concepts such as offense, defense and transitional play. Although we will focus on a continuation of skills from the spring season, new players are always welcome and encouraged to join.
The format each week will be 30-minutes of skills and 30-minute of game play if numbers allow.
Dates – Sunday afternoons, beginning September 20th and running through October 11th. The date of October 18th will be reserved for a make-up date.
All sessions will be held at the Nashua Road Field in Windham, NH. An exact schedule will be generated based on the program’s enrollment.
Estimated Ages and Times
Grades K - 2 – 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Grades 3 - 4 – 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Grades 5 - 8 - 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Fee: $60 per player, all players must preregister and must have a valid US lacrosse membership.
(If you do not have a US Lacrosse membership when you register at windhamlacrosse.org it will direct you to US Lacrosse so that you can purchase one. US Lacrosse Memberships are good for one year.)
Equipment Needed (Boys): Stick, helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, Colored Mouthguard, sneakers/cleats
Equipment Needed (Girls): Stick, Goggles, Colored Mouthguard, sneakers/cleats
2020 Fall Training Guidelines
- Only players, coaches and staff are allowed on the playing field.
- One spectator per player socially distanced when standing or sitting.
- Face coverings are required by spectators at all times and by players, coaches and staff when going to and from the fields.
- Players should bring plenty of water in their own filled water bottles. No sharing or common use water bottles.
- Players and coaches should only pick up a ball with their stick.
- No sharing of any equipment, players equipment bags should be placed 6ft. apart.
- At arrival players should arrive not earlier than 10 minutes before their scheduled time.
- At departure players should leave the field immediately after training concludes with no congregating.
- For players under 18, parents should ask the questions below prior to training.
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or a fever of 100.4 degrees F or higher?
- Have you had any close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- If the answer is “YES” to any of the questions above, you/your player must stay home.
Open to: Girls
born between: 06/30/1999 and 08/31/2015
In Grades: K to 8 for 2020-21 School year